Conveyancing Partners Pty Ltd (ACN 603 214 893) (“Conveyancing Partners”, “we” or “us”) are required and committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
At all times we will seek to maintain the confidentiality of your information. However, we may be permitted or required by law to disclose confidential information. We may also, on a confidential basis, provide your information to third parties where we consider it is appropriate for the proper conduct of your matter.
Disclosure of information may be compelled by law (e.g. under the Social Security Act 1991 (Cth)). You also authorise us to disclose such information where necessary to others in furtherance of your matter (e.g. within the law practice; to your real estate agent, to our nominated third party service providers, to valuers, to your financial institution/bank; to any governmental authority (eg LPI, Council); and to experts or barristers).
We send and receive communications by electronic mail. As such mail may not be secure you release us from any claim you may have as a result of any unauthorised copying, recording, reading or interference with that document after transmission, for any delay or non-delivery of any document and for any damage caused to your system or any files by a transfer.
Collecting Your Personal Information
If you are acquiring or have acquired a product or service from Conveyancing Partners, it will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
• providing you with the relevant product or service (including assessing your requests and identifying you);
• managing and administering the product or service; and
• protecting against fraud.
Conveyancing Partners may also collect your personal information for the purpose of letting you know about products or services from Conveyancing Partners or its associated companies that might better serve your needs or promotions or other opportunities in which you may be interested.
The information collected may include your name, postal or email address, date of birth or other information the organisation considers necessary.
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your personal information from you. This may happen when you fill out an electronic or other form or when you give us personal information over the telephone, electronically or through Conveyancing Partners website.
In certain cases we collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect personal information from your representative (such as a legal adviser, real estate agent, your financial adviser, your mortgage broker, finance provider) or publicly available sources of information or any of the other organisations identified below under “Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information”.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
In line with modern business practices common to many organisations and to meet your specific needs (such as where you have a real estate agent) we may disclose your personal information to the organisations described below.
Where your personal information is disclosed we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the applicable laws and codes.
The relevant organisations are those
• Involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service such as solicitors, conveyancers, real estate agents, mortgage brokers, financial advisers, third party suppliers, loyalty and affinity program partners, printers, posting services, call centres, lenders, mortgage insurers and our advisers.
• Who are your conveyancers and their service providers.
• Involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems.
Because we may operate in different parts of Australia and overseas, some of these uses and disclosures may occur outside your State or Territory and/or outside of Australia.
Keeping Your Personal Information Accurate and Up-to-date
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure this is the case. This way we can provide you with better service.
If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us (see “Contacting Us” below).
Protecting Your Personal Information
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
• confidentiality requirements for our staff, contractors and external service providers;
• document storage security policies;
• security measures for systems access;
• providing a discreet environment for confidential discussions;
• only allowing access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements or used a login and password provided to you;
Your Privacy on the Internet
Our electronic systems
We take care to ensure that the personal information you give us on our electronic systems is protected. For example, SalesDesk has electronic security systems in place, including specific user identifiers and passwords.
Links to other sites
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on links we have provided. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
Gaining Access to Your Personal Information
You can gain access to your personal information. This is subject to some exceptions allowed by law.
We will give you reasons if we deny access. Contact us to request access (see “Contacting Us” below).
Your Sensitive Information
Without your consent we will not collect information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record.
This is subject to some exceptions including:
• the collection is required by law; and
• when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Resolving Your Privacy Issues
• You are always welcome to speak directly to our staff and they will do their best to resolve your issue. If investigation is required we will keep you advised of progress. If staff are unable to resolve the matter, it will be escalated as appropriate to facilitate resolution.
• You can email your issue on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can email us on email@example.com